Thursday 29 November 2007

Tri-cornered Leek


The tri-cornered leek is back in flower and its my second plant profile. It blooms all winter and spring, before dying back completely for the summer months. Its got a pleasant oniony flavour, so the flowers and leaves are a great addition to salads. The leaves go into stirfries etc as well. I use the bulbs as well in stews and as a crunchy add in to my no knead onion bread.
Its a bit of a thug and needs regular pulling to keep in check but it keeps the soil covered in winter and pulls up quite easily once its died back. There ate always enough bulbs missed in the pulling up to recover the ground without replanting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin