Sunday 12 April 2009

Rebuilt wall.




The stone seat/ retaining wall in my garden needed repaired. a combination of the dog, the boy, the weather and the previaling use patterns had all lead to a couple of sections of this wall being damaged and not very stable.
It was all planted with mentha, which has been doing really well there for years, but not a bit of remains this spring. I've lost a few things to the unusually cold weather this year, so it may have been that, though its a high maintenance plant, being so tiny and easily smothered.
Since I'm going to have replant anyway I demolished some bits chasing couch grass roots too, so I reshaped a bit too.
I think I might lift the pavement bit and spread the slabs out so that I have slightly bigger planting pockets.









No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin